Tomatillo Ranch | Do you know which salad dressing is in 47% of American refrigerators? It rhymes with blanch. You guessed it, Ranch dressing it is! Sadly, this liquid gold is actually symbolic of our American laziness since everyone eats it, yet no one has a clue how to make it. Well that stops today. It’s time we kick the tires and light the fires, and make our own killer dressing. Say goodbye to store-bought.
In this recipe, we add a few unexpected twists to your everyday ranch. Unexpected, yet delicious. We make it rain with herbs – tarragon, dill, basil & parsley – and spice it up with sriracha. But the secret ingredient? That title belongs to the humble tomatillo.
* Join our VIP list to get new recipes before anyone else.
- Buttermilk - 1 ½ tablespoons
- Mayonnaise - ½ cup
- Sour Cream - ½ cup
- Worcestershire - ½ tablespoon
- Tomatillo - 1, blanched
- Sriracha - ¼ teaspoon
- Roasted Garlic - ½ teaspoon
- Champagne Vinegar - ½ tablespoon
- Lemon Juice - ½ tablespoon
- Scallions - 1 tablespoon, very finely sliced
- Tarragon - 1 ½ teaspoons, finely minced
- Dill - 2 teaspoons, finely minced
- Parsley - 2 teaspoons, finely minced
- Dried Basil - ½ teaspoon
- Chicken Bouillon Powder - ⅛ teaspoon
- Paprika - ⅛ teaspoon
- Yellow Mustard Powder - ⅛ teaspoon
- New Mexico Chili Powder - ⅛ teaspoon
- Onion Powder - ¼ teaspoon
- Sugar - ⅛ teaspoon
- Black Pepper - ⅛ teaspoon
- Salt - ⅓ teaspoon
- Sauce Pot
- Mixing Bowl - medium
- Rubber Spatula
- Cut up all your herbs.
- Get the rest of your ingredients together - there’s a lot of them!
- Fill your sauce pot up with with water and bring it to a boil over high heat.
- Then drop in your tomatillo and boil it for 10 minutes until it’s pale green.
- Strain it and drop it on your cutting board. Trash the inner seeds and finely mince the outer flesh - you just want 1 tablespoon.
- Toss the tomatillo in the mixing bowl, along with all the other ingredients.
- Stir everything very well, season to taste, and that’s it! Well done.
* Serve this dressing with literally anything. You'll love it.
* Don't forget the buttermilk - that's what makes it a "ranch" dressing 🙂
If you’ve read this far, then you need to check out Yankee Chipotle Crema and Texas Remoulade.
Or better yet, join our VIP list to get new recipes before anyone else.