Spaghetti Mac & Cheddar | Do you like pasta? If you don’t, we don’t trust you. Just kidding.Well, not really. Pasta should be everyone’s favorite. It’s the best thing on the planet, so naturally we make a ton of it. We like to mix and match, add new spices, and even throw in different techniques…
…and that’s what we do in this one. We add a spiced cream reduction that we usually use for fancy purees, then bake this whole spaghetti party with sour cream and extra goodies. It’s simple. Delicious. And an easy weeknight dinner. Try it now.
- Olive Oil - 1 tablespoon
- Spaghetti - 7 ounces, half-cut
- Heavy Cream - ½ cup
- Chicken Stock - ½ cup
- Sour Cream - 3 heaping tablespoons
- Irish White Cheddar Cheese - 1 cup, grated
- Kraft Parmesan Cheese - ¼ cup
- Roasted Red Bell Peppers - 3 tablespoons, brunoise
- Roasted Garlic - 1 tablespoon
- Garlic Cloves - 5, smashed
- Sriracha - 2 teaspoons
- Parsley - 2 tablespoons, finely minced
- Bay Leaf - 1
- Fennel Seed - 1 teaspoon
- Ginger Root Powder - ⅓ teaspoon
- Scallions - ½ cup, thinly sliced
- Pepper - ¼ teaspoon
- Salt - ½ teaspoon
- Sauce Pot
- Saucepan - small
- Baking Dish - 10” x 10”
- Chinois - or use other fine-mesh strainer
- Preheat your oven to 375. Put the rack in the middle.
- Grate your cheddar cheese.
- Get all the rest of your ingredients together!
- Fill your sauce pot with 5 inches of water, salt it heavily, add the oil, and bring it to a boil over high heat.
- When the water comes to a boil, reduce the the heat to medium-high, and add the spaghetti.
- Cook the spaghetti for 8 ½ minutes, drain, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, add the smashed garlic, bay leaf, fennel seeds, ginger root powder, pepper and ¼ teaspoon of the salt to the saucepan.
- Put it over medium-high heat and let the spices toast for 5 minutes until they smell awesome.
- Then pour in the cream, stock and sriracha, bring it all just to a simmer, then reduce the heat to low and reduce the cream mix for a full 15 minutes.
- While the cream is warming up, toss the sour cream, cheddar, parm, bell peppers, roasted garlic and another small pinch of salt in the baking dish. Stir it all well.
- Then strain the cream directly into the baking dish.
- Now add the pasta and mix it all together well. Then spread the pasta in an even layer and top with a little extra parmesan and parsley.
- Toss the dish in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.That's it!
- Get your favorite serving bowls ready to go. Cut out a portion of the spaghetti and pop it into a bowl.
- Garnish with any extra parm and parsley. Enjoy!
* You can make this in advance up to the point of baking - just let it come to room temperature before oven time.
* There are a lot of flavors going on in this one! It's unique and we think you'll love it!
If you’ve read this far, then you need to check out Braised Beef Cheek Carbonara and Crispy Short Rib Wontons + Ragu.
Or better yet, join our VIP list to get new recipes before anyone else.