Ocean Vinaigrette | We call this our “Ocean” vinaigrette because it goes great with any seafood. The fresh citrus and vinegar balance perfectly with the sweetness from the agave and the bitter heat from the aleppo pepper. It’s perfect for all your fishy dishes.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - ¾ cup
- Red Wine Vinegar - ¼ cup
- Shallot - 1 tablespoon, finely minced
- Garlic - 1 clove, grated
- Country Dijon Mustard - 1 teaspoon
- Agave Nectar - 1 big tablespoon
- Lemon Juice - 1 teaspoon, ½ a lemon
- Aleppo Pepper Powder - ⅛ teaspoon (small pinch)
- Kosher Salt - ¾ teaspoon
- Ground Black Pepper - ⅛ teaspoon
- Mixing Bowl - small
- Whisk - small
- Grate your garlic and mince your shallot.
- Get all your other ingredients together.
- Add the garlic, shallot, aleppo pepper, salt and pepper to the mixing bowl.
- Add the vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, agave and whisk together well.
- While whisking continuously, slowly start to drizzle in the oil to form an emulsion (don't add it all at once!).
- Once it's all incorporated, season to taste and that's it!
* Be sparing with the aleppo pepper powder - too much and it can get too bitter.
* You can use regular Dijon but Country Dijon is a little less mild.