Recipe name | There is a secret ingredient the lies beneath the smooth, white surface of our tartar sauce. It comes from the heart. The heart of a palm tree.
Serve this sauce with your favorite fish or just lap it up the next time you pass by the fridge. It’s a summertime slam dunk.
* Join our VIP list to get new recipes before anyone else.
- Creme Fraiche - ½ cup
- Mayonnaise - ⅓ cup
- Shallot - 2 tablespoons, finely minced
- Hearts of Palm - 2 tablespoons, finely minced
- Roasted Garlic - 2 teaspoons
- Capers - 1 tablespoon, finely minced
- Scallions - 2 tablespoons, thinly sliced
- Champagne Vinegar - 2 tablespoons
- Lemon Juice - ½ teaspoon
- Lemon Zest - ⅛ teaspoon
- Dijon Mustard - 2 teaspoons
- Onion Powder - ½ teaspoon
- White Pepper - ⅛ teaspoon
- Salt - ½ teaspoon
- Mixing Bowl - medium
- Rubber Spatula
- Cut up your shallot and hearts of palm.
- Mix together the rest of the ingredients in the bowl, season to taste, and let the flavors marinate in the fridge before you serve. That's it!
* Don't leave out the Hearts of Palm. They are the secret ingredient!
* You really should let this sit in the fridge for at least an hour to let the flavor party get groovin'.
If you’ve read this far, then you need to check out Braised Beef Cheek Carbonara and Crispy Short Rib Wontons + Ragu.
Or better yet, join our VIP list to get new recipes before anyone else.