Chunky Chipotle Ketchup | This ketchup reminds me of lower school art class. You know the time, when you just mashed everything you loved in front of you and it just made sense? So much sense, that every adult within a 50 yard radius came over, told you you were awesome, just to put the nail in your coffin of over-hyped confidence and reinforced creativity. Yup, this is the adult version of art class…
* This will keep in the fridge for at least 2 weeks.
* Join our VIP list to get new recipes before anyone else.
- Butter - 1 tablespoon
- Sauvignon Blanc - 2 tablespoons
- Grape Tomatoes - 10, quartered
- Shallot - 3 tablespoons, finely minced
- Jalapeno - 1 ½ tablespoons, finely minced
- Hearts of Palm - 2 tablespoons, finely minced
- Chipotle Pepper - 1 tablespoon, deseeded, finely minced
- Adobo Sauce - ½ teaspoon (from chipotle can)
- Roasted Garlic - 2 teaspoons
- Ketchup - 1 ¼ cup
- Dijon - 2 teaspoons
- Honey - 2 tablespoons
- Soy Sauce - 2 teaspoons
- Worcestershire Sauce - ¼ teaspoon
- Red Wine Vinegar - 2 tablespoons
- Lime Juice - 2 ounces
- Brown Sugar - 3 tablespoons
- Chicken Bouillon Powder[b] - 1 teaspoon
- [b]Ancho Chili Powder[b] - ½ teaspoon
- [b]Chipotle Powder - ½ teaspoon
- Pepper - ¼ teaspoon
- Salt - ½ teaspoon
- Non-Stick Saute Pan - medium, with cover
- Wooden Spoon
- Cut up all your tomatoes and veggies.
- Then get all the rest of your ingredients together. Now let's cook!
- Melt the butter over medium heat until it gets hot & bubbly.
- Then add the tomatoes, shallot, jalapeno, chipotle and a small pinch of the salt.
- Saute it all for 2 ½ minutes, then toss in the hearts of palm and saute for 30 more seconds.
- Pour in the wine, vinegar and lime juice, raise the heat to medium-high and simmer until reduced by a third - about 4 minutes.
- Then add rest of the ingredients, reduce the heat to medium-low, and partially cover (so it doesn’t splatter everywhere), and simmer for 20 minutes until it's nice & thick, stirring every 5 minutes or so.
- Season to taste and that's it (we like to garnish it with cilantro).
* Once the ketchup comes to a rapid simmer, cover it most of the way just so it doesn't splash everywhere. Also, make sure to stir it every 5 minutes (and turn the pan often) so you don't get any hot spots.
* This ketchup goes awesome with everything - from chicken, to pasta, to scrambled eggs.
If you’ve read this far, then you need to check out 14 Best Condiments! and Crispy Short Rib Wontons + Ragu.
Or better yet, join our VIP list to get new recipes before anyone else.